The registration number and validation decals must be displayed as follows:
- Number must be painted, applied as a decal or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow.
- Number shall read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Number must be in at least three-inch-high BLOCK letters.
- Number's color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen. For example: "SC 3717 ZW" or "SC-3717-ZW."
- No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
- Decals must be affixed on both sides of the vessel within six inches following the registration number.
PWC are also required to display the certificate's number and validation decal.